The bread and butter, the building blocks, the ABC's to get you learning Spanish
Starting July 11!
Throughout this level, we will focus on vocabulary accumulation in the Spanish language. As you grow your vocabulary, you will also improve in reading comprehension and listening.
You’ll learn topics like days of the week, colors, numbers, telling time, seasons, body parts, and food. We make sure you have a solid foundation of vocabulary before moving on to grammar, so don’t be surprised if there’s very little grammar!
In this course, we will hit 12 different topical lessons and learn how to conjugate the 12 most-used verbs in Spanish in the present tense. By the end of the unit, you will be able to comfortably use these words in a variety of contexts, incredibly increasing your ability to communicate in Spanish.
Lesson 1: Greetings, Goodbyes, and Introductions
- Break the ice and learn the basics to small talk
Lesson 2: Asking Questions
- Learn the key question words so you can begin to create your own questions
Lesson 3: Numbers 1-20
- Get comfortable with the building blocks needed for telling time, understanding directions, setting appointments, and getting around using addresses
Lesson 4: Days of the Week
- Learn the days of the week and vocabulary to describe weekly routines
Lesson 5: Family Members
- Add to your small talk skills as you learn how to talk about your loved ones
Lesson 6: Numbers 21-100 and Telling Time
- Continue building upon the number foundation and practice by learning how to tell time
Lesson 7: Months and Seasons
- Get even more comfortable with dates
- Learn some weather-related vocabulary
Lesson 8: Colors and Shapes
- By learning colors and shapes you'll grow your ability to describe things you don't even have the vocabulary for
Lesson 9: Restaurant Food
- Learn the common items found on menus and start feeling comfortable ordering food
Lesson 10: Grocery Store Foods
- Add to your food vocabulary as you learn common fruits, vegetables, and dairy products
Lesson 11: Body Parts and Health
- Afraid of traveling because you might get sick? Don't be. Learn body parts and also how to describe pain or certain medical conditions.
Lesson 12: Numbers over 100
- Keep adding to your number-related vocabulary and increase your comprehension
Born and raised in Colombia, Viviana grew up with a love of cultures and languages that has now become her career. Viviana speaks, writes, and teaches Spanish and English, and is currently working on learning Arabic. She has taught languages for over 10 years and has recently developed her own curriculum to take Spanish students from absolute beginner to mastery.
Frequently Asked Questions
She uses a great combination of learning tools that solidify the new lessons.
Bilingual Exchange is an amazing step in learning Spanish. The lessons are structured to include a small portion of grammar (verb conjugation) and vocabulary to promote the learning of simple sentences with accurate content.